What Does It Cost?
So... what’s all of this spectacularness going to cost?
Why, I’m so glad you asked!
Please keep in mind:
• Transport for your bike to Florida and back. No bicyle disassembly or packing required. We will pick up bikes in New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, D.C., or Richmond. There will be one spot in each city for bike drop-off.
We can also take a piece of luggage for you in our private truck -- no airline baggage fees.
If you can take advantage of this service it’s huge -- you do NOT pay for bike packing, shipping, or re-assembly, and you don't pay airline fees for your bike or luggage. (By comparison, taking your bike on the plane along with a checked piece of luggage would cost about $350 r/t).
If you DO need to ship your bike, not to worry -- we’ll help you with the safest, least-expensive options.
• Four nights of lodging. Price is based on two people per room. Single rooms available for an additional fee.
• Shuttle to move your bike and you ahead if you don't want to pedal the entire distance each day.
• Transportation to dinner each night if you'd rather not pedal.
• Four full dinners. Three breakasts. Lunch or snacks every day. (You might be out on the road and not in the mood for a sit-down lunch!) We'll always buy the first drink at dinner -- if you want that 50-year-old Scotch, you're on your own!
• Fully marked route on that first ride from Miami to Homestead, inculding digital files for your Garmin or smartphone if you wish. Route sheets and digital files for every day. (We don't mark the route once we hit the Florida Keys becasue there is not a single turn for a hundred miles!)
• All transportation during the ride, whenever we’re not traveling by bike.
• All gratuities.
• Luggage delivered to your room.
• Airfare. Prices vary (and some of you may be using frequent flyer miles or other alternatives). Don’t forget that you will be flying to Miami, but you’ll be flying home from Key West.
Why don’t we arrange airfare? Because in the internet age you can get a much better deal on airfare online than we can ever get by calling up one airline directly and offering to buy a big block of tickets all at once. When you book your own flight you get to pick the flights and airports that work best for you. (Can you imagine trying to get everyone to agree on one airport and one flight time? Yikes!)
• Taxis or Uber to and from the aiports.
• Bike rental. We assume that you are bringing your own bike. We can help you arrange bike rental if you wish, which costs extra.
• Dinners include wine or beer in moderate proportions for those who wish to imbibe. If you want to drink beyond that (or want that $100 bottle of wine or $50 glass of port) you have to pay for it yourself.
• The first drink is covered at the post-ride gathering in Key West. After that you need to pay for your drinks.
• Breakfast the last day on February 28th -- lots of great choices nearby, or you may already be on an airplane!
• Spa services such as massage or beauty treatments. Available at some of our overnight stops.
• As mentioned, we are transporting the bikes for free from five different cities to Miami, and then back from Key West. If you want bike shipping and transport using a different method we are happy to help, but it will cost extra.
If you are bringing your own bike case or box we are happy to transport it during the ride for free.
• Each day a pro bike mechanic will be available to tweak anything that needs tweaking. This is free. If your bike needs parts or major surgery it will cost extra.
• Inner tubes. Bring them. We will not provide them for free, and EVERY bike gets a flat sometime. I have a really whiny philosophy about WHY we don’t provide tubes, and if you’re extra good I promise to never bore you with it.
TOTAL PRICE: $2500 per person
Prices are based on two people per room.
If you want a room of your own please add $600 (our cost).
You don’t have to pay for the entire trip all at once if you don’t want to.
When you register for the ride we will ask for a $275 deposit by credit card to save your space in the ride. The online registration folks will hit you for about $15 in service fees.
The balance of the payment for your trip is due by check as follows:
An additional $1,000 per person is due within 30 days after we confirm the ride.
The final balance is due no later than February 1, 2019.
We'll send you an invoice as a friendly reminder when checks are due.
Need to Cancel Right Away?
Not to worry -- you have 14 days from the time you register to cancel without penalty. You get back your entire $275 deposit AND the online service fees.
If You Cancel Between 15-30 Days
You will have a $275 credit with us, which you can use for any of our events until the end of the 2020 ride season.
If You Cancel After 30 Days
After 30 days we are unable to offer credits or refunds of any kind for any reason. You can sell your spot on your own if you wish, or we will try to sell it for you after the trip is full.
SO... we strongly recommend that you consider buying trip insurance here. That way if something happens where you can’t attend the trip you’re covered. This insurance is offered by an excellent insurance company that has paid out many times to our cycling friends over the years. Every trip we do we get a last-minute plea from a cyclist with an emergency -- trip insurance covers you and gets you a refund. No matter how ill your mother/cat/ficus tree is, we can not issue ANY last-minute refunds.
Prices for the insurance? Depend on the options you pick. Feel free to go to the insurance site here and play around -- no commitment or credit card required. No sales pitches or phone calls.